As many of you may know, I'm a Publicist for Entangled Publishing, and I'm a huge paranormal fan. So, I'm so excited that we have launched our new Paranormal Romance line, Covet!! Covets have all the sexiness, emotion, and happily ever after that readers have come to expect and love from Entangled. They are firmly grounded in the contemporary world, but each novel brings in supernatural twists, breaking the contemporary and paranormal rules, alike. To find out more about our launch titles, chat with authors, participate
in special events, and to find out what books you’ll be coveting next,
visit the Entangled website, follow us on Twitter, and LIKE our Facebook page.
Over the next several weeks I'll be featuring our authors from this fabulous new line as they each tell us about their top 5 favorite paranormal characters. Today's guest is Angela McCallister. Please join me in welcoming Angela and celebrating her new release!
1. Absolutely my fav forever is Jericho Zigor Barrons from Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series. Could anyone be any hotter??? N.O. Can’t die. Changes into a beast. Covered in red and black runes—oh, man, I have a thing for tattoos! Powerful. Evasive. Mysterious. Keenly intelligent. Yummy. And *sigh* he dances naked to help save the woman he loves.
2. People may think I’m strange, but I love Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It’s not even a book-boyfriend thing. I just enormously admire a man who can take so much whoopin’ and get right back up to keep fighting. And keep his amazing witty humor while he’s at it! Changes actually hurt because it got to me so much. That one scene. If you read it, you know.
3. Charley Davidson. She’s like your best friend. You know the one who ticks you off from time to time, but mostly she’s great and makes you laugh. Unfortunately, she’s not into sharing her man, Reyes Darn!
4. Speaking of Reyes, yes, Charley’s Reyes is super-hot, and he’s way up there in my opinion, but I have a thing for a different Reyes, one who’s bound to the Demon of Pain. Any paranormal fan would recognize I’m talking about the LOTU series by Gena Showalter. There’s something about this particular Lord that stuck out in my mind and kept him from blurring into the ever-growing crowd of hot, alpha males.
5. And I heart Nix “Nucking Futs” the Ever Knowing from Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole. She is absolute genius and completely out of her mind, and I’m dying for her to have her story. If I had my way, her story would be a collaboration pairing her with Torin :D Yes. I went there. Likely won’t happen, but I can hope.
Thanks Angela! Love the choices. I's said this before, but it bears repeating.. Barrons, he's every woman's naughty pleasure. To spend a whole day with him? *fans self*
Angela McCallister has always wanted to grow up to be someone who would never grow up, and lucky her, that’s exactly what she’s done. Nothing says adventurous more than being a career US Navy Sailor with an imagination wild enough to create stories and characters with a paranormal bite. A mother of five, she’s gained plenty of story ideas from her family as well as her military experience.
Angela is happy to try just about anything once, from skydiving, sailing, slacklining, Aikido, and even hanggliding—as long as she doesn’t have to subject anyone to her singing or make an appearance in a bikini. Like all authors, she’s crazy for books, especially Romance and Military Nonfiction.
Angela is very laid-back and happy to try just about anything once, from skydiving, sailing, slacklining, Aikido, and even hang-gliding--as long as she doesn't have to subject anyone to her "singing" or make an appearance in a bikini. Like all authors, she's crazy for books, especially Romance, and will talk about them for days. She's currently stationed at Naval Base Ventura County Point Mugu in California where she can be spoiled with some of the best weather in the country. With such platforms as an aircraft carrier, an amphibious ship, and an Aegis destroyer, and duty stations in Illinois, Washington, Hawaii, and California, her experiences vary widely. She's visited Thailand (a favorite), Bahrain, Dubai, Jebel Ali, Hong Kong, Guam, Canada, Mexico, and Singapore. She's a member of RWA San Diego, From the Heart Romance Writers, and Rose City Romance Writers and especially loves to hear from and meet readers and fellow authors.
After her ex-husband’s obsession with vampires, Valerie Craig is on a mission to stop transformations. Of all vampires, Kade Rollins is the worst of the worst, but when multiple murders plague Seattle, Val is forced to enlist his aid. Kade’s crude wit and seductive nature attract her like no other, but she can’t ignore his violence toward his human servants, no matter her yearning to forget.
She’s torn when she learns Kade may be behind the murders. Val's worked hard to protect humans from vampires, but the truth surrounding the murders could ignite a bloody battle between their races, one humans are sure to lose. Someone is pulling strings to build a vampire army and spark the war—setting Kade up to kick it off. But if she trusts the vampire prince, she risks her job, her integrity, and her heart if he betrays her as all the men in her life have.