As many of you may know, I'm a Publicist for Entangled Publishing, and I'm a huge paranormal fan. So, I'm so excited that we have launched our new Paranormal Romance line, Covet!! Covets have all the sexiness, emotion, and happily ever after that readers have come to expect and love from Entangled. They are firmly grounded in the contemporary world, but each novel brings in supernatural twists, breaking the contemporary and paranormal rules, alike. To find out more about our launch titles, chat with authors, participate
in special events, and to find out what books you’ll be coveting next,
visit the Entangled website, follow us on Twitter, and LIKE our Facebook page.
Over the next several weeks I'll be featuring our authors from this fabulous new line as they each tell us about their top 5 favorite paranormal characters. Today's guest is Candace Havens. Please join me in welcoming Candace and celebrating her new release!
This is one of the toughest blogs I've ever done. And I've done a lot of them. (Smile) I pulled characters from all of my favorite books, television and movies. I know I'll forget a favorite, but here we go...
1. Willow from "Buffy" is one of my all-time favorites. I know everyone loves Buffy, and I do as well. But I loved Willow, even when she was bad Willow. She actually became the inspiration for my first book "Charmed & Dangerous." I love that she was powerful, but also the voice of reason. And she could kick butt when necessary.
2. The vampire Selene in the "Underworld" series. Does anyone look better in leather and vinyl than Kate Beckinsale? I think not. I like that she's tough as nails, and at the same time caring and sexy.
3. My favorite zombie has to be Nicholas Hoult (R) in "Warm Bodies." Best romantic zombie movie ever.
4. Alexia Tarabotti from the Parasol Protectorate books is one of my favorite paranormal characters. I love the world Gail Carriger created in these books. Great series to listen to on audio.
5. Harry Potter. Do I really need to explain? I love the books. Love the movies. He's heroic, he makes mistakes and he has the best friends ever.
Thanks Candace! I LOVE Selene too! And Harry is pretty cool as well ;)
Bestselling author Candace Havens has written twelve novels for Berkley, Entangled and Harlequin. She is also in the anthology Spirited, the proceeds of which help a literacy organization. Her books have received nominations for the RITA's, Holt Medallion and Write Touch Reader Awards. She is the author of the biography Joss Whedon: The Genius Behind Buffy and a contributor to several anthologies. She is also one of the nation's leading entertainment journalists and has interviewed countless celebrities including Tom Hanks, Nicolas Cage, Tom Cruise, George Clooney and many more. Her entertainment columns can be read in more than 600 newspapers across the country. Candace also runs a free online writing workshop for more than 2000 writers, and teaches comprehensive writing class. She does film reviews with the Dorsey Gang on New Country 96.3, and is the President of the Television Critics Association.
Vampire Nick Christos might’ve been born in the Middle Ages, but the good old days seem tame compared to the last eight years he’s spent ruling the Supernatural Council. His only respite is with his cute neighbor Casey Meyers, a woman he wants more than any undead man should. Sure, he’s forced to take a cold shower after every encounter, but there’s no way he’ll test his own strength by getting too close to a human, and he’s not willing to risk her life–not with bloodthirsty family on the prowl out to ruin Nick’s life.
When said Nick’s kin shows up, the innocent Casey is caught in the middle of a centuries old fight, and Nick’s biggest fear is realized. Now, instead of keeping his hands off his neighbor, he’ll risk everything to save the human he’s come to love.