Please join me in welcoming Kaylie Austen for her Hellhound Blog Tour. She's talking about her top 10 favorite authors today. Make sure you don't miss the giveaway at the end of the post!
My favorite authors:
1) William Shakespeare by far. I fell in love with his plays in high school.
2) Jane Austen, a classic who inspired me to read and write.
3) Gwen Hayes, who changes her voice with every book.
4) Shelle Sumners, a new and upcoming author on the side of women’s fiction.
5) Ann Aguirre, who writes YA post-apocalyptic and adult science fiction.
6) Indu Sundaresan, who writes historical fiction based in India.
7) Marissa Meyer, who has this incredible way of combining multiple storylines and a horde of characters into a flawless, easy-to-follow read.
8) Anna Banks, because she has a quirky voice and makes me laugh out loud.
9) Sherrilyn Kenyon, for her entertaining twists on mythology and zombies.
10) Charlaine Harris, because of her lovable, flawed, and sexy characters.
I was born during a monsoon in an Indian village that lacked both a doctor and a hospital, but had many nesting cobras nearby. That’s the most fascinating thing about me. Other than that, I’m a true Texan raised in Austin, and yes, I bleed orange (Longhorns!). Currently, I reside in the Pacific Northwest where my muse takes my imagination through many tales of adventure, romance, and plain awesomeness. My novels include YA fantasy, YA sci-fi, and paranormal romance/mystery. Please check out the tabs above to get a better description of upcoming novels and release dates.
I’ve been writing since the age of ten, and completed two novels before high school graduation. My work appeared in school and state competitions, and my poetry was used for future finals in my college freshman English class. I love to learn, my life is rich with culture, and I’m an undercover nerd. My celebrity crushes include Stephen Hawking and Patrick Stewart, Nathan Fillion is close behind. My ultimate goal in life is to dominate Comic-Con and bring plaid back. My improbable desire is to be an X-Men. And, I can be bought with food, so don't hesitate to try.
Selene is the Hellhound, a powerful and ruthless descendent of the Greek gods. She is bound by tradition and tied by bloodlines to lead her people against the mortals. Although she is arranged to marry Nathanial, she falls for Demetrius, the self-professed Black Angel, and things take a bitter twist. When she stumbles across the corpses of her father and Nathanial, all eyes move in on Demetrius. Selene must take the assignment to hunt down her accused lover. Facing the untrustworthy cerebral chamber, powerful shape-shifting sentinels, superhuman archers, and a deceitful Council, the Hellhound must work quickly to uncover the truth before she is forced to annihilate her lover.