Originally hosted by Melissa from i swim for oceans, Smash & Kt took her original inspiration, and made it their own, expanding it to more than just books. Let’s get personal (but respectfully so) and learn more about one another! Each week, a different question will be posted along with a place to link up your posts and visit other people’s responses.This meme is definitely meant to bring out conversation and meet new people. So, Let's Talk!
We'd love to hear any ideas you have for questions. Submit them Here.
This week's question:
Please share your favorite Holiday recipe. And if you don’t have one or cook, then go find one that sounds YUM-O! Feel free to include pictures. (Thank you, Krisitn/My ParaHangover!)
I'll give you one word. BRICKLE. This stuff is SO stinking good. Go figure, I made four batches today and didn't think to take pictures of the steps. :(
Approx one sleeve of Saltine Crackers
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
2/3 Cup Hershey's Bits o Brickle
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with aluminum foil, making sure to keep an even lip
- Lay out saltines flat until they fill the pan without overlapping and not leaving any large gaps (may need a few crackers from a 2nd sleeve)
- In a medium pan melt butter completely over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar
- Stir frequently and continue cooking until mixture starts to boil
- Once boiling cook for approximately 3 minutes. (The mixture should have gotten very thick and fully bubbling, as well as starting to pull from the sides.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers evenly
- Use the back of the spoon to spread and smooth over any dry spots on the crackers
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Wait 5 minutes and then spread evenly until the top is covered
- Sprinkle the bits o brickle over the top and lightly press into the chocolate
- Put in freezer until hardened
- Take out of the freezer and remove the foil from the back
- Break in to pieces and place in an air tight container
- Keep in freezer until ready to eat