* Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011(books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
* The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
* Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
* Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
* You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
* Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
* You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.
Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
Well I read 300 books last year, and yes I know that is an insane number. I have a serious obsession with reading. I'm just lucky to be able to read really fast. Since I'm all about increasing my numbers I'm going to shoot for the I'm on fire! status, and hope that I am not completely batty. I'll continue to update this page periodically throughout the year.
*Update... Well for the first half the year I was flying through the books, sometimes being 10 or more books ahead of pace, but then a two week vacation hit (with no reading) and add in several bouts with being sick (I don't do well with antibiotics, they make me nauseous) I'm finding myself scrambling to keep up. I'm going to back my goal back down to what I read last year, and hope for the best at this point. There is still plenty of time left, but I hate to feel rushed into things.